Rooms That Benefit Most from a Home Warranty
As a homeowner, you’ve probably heard about home warranties. Not to be confused with home insurance, a home warranty helps protect your budget when covered components of home systems and appliances break down due to normal wear and tear. That means taking care of the household items that keep your home running on a day-to-day basis. These things will eventually break and when that time comes, a home warranty will be there to help you out.
From home appliances to electric systems and more, the benefits of a home warranty are vast. Because it’s these little “emergencies” that most homeowners don’t calculate into the cost of owning a home. Sure, theft or fire is devastating and you should always protect yourself if able to; but it’s the day-to-day accidents or unwanted surprises (HVAC stops running) that are more likely to happen.
But, what in your home benefits the most with a home warranty? Let’s take a look at how home warranty coverage can help you in every room of your house.
- Kitchen – This is where your home warranty will really shine. Out of all the rooms in your home, your kitchen benefits the most from any home warranty plan with appliance coverage. Think refrigerator, dishwasher, trash compactor, garbage disposal, and built-in microwave. You can also get coverage for your range hood vent, ceiling fan, chest freezer, and freestanding ice maker.
- Laundry Room – Another room where your home warranty coverage will come in handy with coverage on washers and dryers. Next time your dryer is making a funny noise or your washer quits halfway through the cycle and won’t start up again, a service request and local professional will be there to fix your problem.
- Furnace Room – Cover repair or replacement of everything in your furnace room, including the furnace itself and your water heater — two of the most important components of your home. The average cost of installing a new water heater can be more than $800, so your home warranty plan could pay for itself with just one water heater repair.
- Bathrooms – Get coverage on many components of your home’s plumbing, including blockages due to most causes. Your bathroom can benefit from coverage of fixtures and components, like toilet parts, shower heads, faucets, and water or drain lines. You can also use your coverage to clear drain stoppages in the toilet, sink, or bathtub.
- Rec Room or Family Room – Yup, even this room can benefit. While not many home warranty companies can cover what’s in your family room or rec room, American Home Shield additional coverage options provide coverage for components of your home’s electrical system, including wiring, lighting fixtures, and built-in fans or ceiling fans. And don’t forget coverage for an unlimited number of home electronics, including TVs, game consoles, cameras, printers and scanners, laptops and desktop computers, and more.
- Bedrooms – Last, but not least, cover electrical systems, including the wiring and fixtures in your bedrooms. Coverage for your home’s HVAC can also help keep your bedrooms warm and toasty in the winter and cool in the summer. And, Electronics Plan coverage also extends into the bedroom, covering your TVs, computers, game consoles, and other electronic devices.
With over 50 years in the industry and over 2 million members, American Home Shield knows exactly how home warranties benefit homeowners and their different rooms. Offering affordable plans starting as low as $34.99 per month, American Home Shield covers systems and appliances people would like to keep in working order, and no system or appliance is too old. No maintenance records or inspection is required, just protection regardless of the age or appearance of your covered items.
In the end, home warranty coverage isn’t just for one room in your home — it can protect components of every room from unexpected breakdowns and wear-and-tear damage. Head to American Home Shield and check out their plans today to see what a home warranty can do for you.